Just in time for the 4th, Kroger has announced a recall for hamburger purchased between May 21-July 5. You know the deal, e. coli, yadda, yadda. Why it is dated for the meat sold in the future, I don't know. Details below:
Cincinnati-based Kroger is recalling ground beef products in plastic foam tray packages wrapped in cellophane, or purchased from a service counter at all Fred Meyer's and QFC stores between May 21-July 5. The first 6 digits of the UPCs for the effected products are:
- 241659 and 241661 for lean ground beef 20%
- 271665 and 271670 for extra lean ground beef 15%
- 241670 and 241676 for leanest ground beef 7%
- 231677 for Laura’s Lean Ground Beef 4% fat.
Chef’s Express items:
- meatballs with the first 6 digits of the UPC 291196
- meatloaf 291091
- meatloaf with spinach 291297
- stuffed peppers 291119
- beef mushroom burgers 291306.